So I finished of my Shadowhunters binge by reading this month.
- The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson
- Tales from the Shadowhunters Academy by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson and Robin Wasserman
Both good books but out of the two of them I have to say Tales from the Shadowhunters Academy was slightly better despite the Bane Chronicles being about one of my favorite characters.
I also managed to finish
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
And I use the word manage because I started this book months ago but never got around to finish it. And now I’ve done the same with the third book in the series. I wish I could say I like the Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children books but so far they haven’t been able to keep my interest for long and they both taken the longest time to finish.
Finally I read 4 contemporary books this month.
- Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig
- You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe
- History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
Both A List of Cages and History Is All You Left Me are heart wringing stories that left me sobbing like a crazy person.
I had high expectations for Last Seen Leaving and while it was a good book I found a few of the elements in the book to be rather predictable.
You know me well unfortunately was a little bit of a disappointment. But one thing I have to give it credit for was that every speaking character (except for the parents) was part of the LGBTQ+ community. Big thumbs up for that. The story on the other left more to be desired.
How did your February read go? I’m very happy with my 7 books which puts my ahead of my reading goal for this year.